![]() |
| Nam Tae-hyun / Photo=DB |
[Sports Today reporter Kim Tae-hyung] Prosecutors urged a jail term for Nam Tae-hyun, the former Winner member, over allegations of drunk driving and excessive speeding.
On the afternoon of the 12th, Judge Heo Jun-seo of Criminal Division 11 at the Seoul Western District Court oversaw the second hearing in the case, which accuses Nam of violating the Road Traffic Act for drunk driving and related charges.
Prosecutors told the court they considered his prior convictions for similar offenses, his elevated blood-alcohol level, the high speed at which he was driving, and that the incident occurred while he was serving a suspended sentence. They recommended a prison term of 1 year and 6 months and a fine of 1,000,000 KRW (about $750).
According to prosecutors, the incident happened at about 4:10 a.m. on April 27 last year while Nam was driving toward Ilsan on the Gangbyeonbuk-ro. Near Dongjak Bridge, he attempted to pass a vehicle and struck the central median barrier.
The crash caused no injuries, but authorities said his blood-alcohol concentration exceeded the license-revocation threshold of 0.08%. Prosecutors also allege he was driving 182 km/h (about 113 mph) in a zone limited to 80 km/h (about 50 mph).
Seoul Yongsan Police forwarded the case to prosecutors in May of that year without detaining him. The Seoul Western District Prosecutors’ Office then indicted Nam without detention on July 14.
Earlier, in March 2023, Nam was given a summary order fining him 6,000,000 KRW (about $4,500) for drinking and driving in Seoul’s Gangnam district. In January 2024, a court sentenced him to one year in prison, suspended for two years, after finding him guilty of using methamphetamine with his partner.
[Sports Today reporter Kim Tae-hyung ent@stoo.com]
「Closest to you, most entertaining news ⓒ Sports Today」







Most Commented