Translation result.

First launch in 47 days since Jan. 26
After North Korea launched multiple ballistic missiles into the East Sea (Sea of Japan), Seoul opened an emergency security review.
On the 14th, the Presidential National Security Office convened an emergency security meeting with the Defense Ministry, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and other agencies to assess the threat and coordinate a response. The office called the launches a violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions and urged Pyongyang to halt immediately.
The office also ordered agencies to keep military forces on heightened alert during the ongoing South Korea–U.S. joint exercises (running from the 9th to the 19th). It said it briefed President Lee Jae-myung on the launches and the government’s planned response.
Earlier, the Joint Chiefs of Staff said it detected about 10 unidentified ballistic missiles launched toward the East Sea from the Sunan area of Pyongyang at around 1:20 p.m. The missiles flew roughly 350 km (about 217 miles), and South Korean and U.S. intelligence agencies are conducting a detailed analysis of their exact specifications.
This was North Korea’s first ballistic missile launch in 47 days, since Jan. 27, and its third so far this year. Military officials said the simultaneous launch of roughly 10 missiles was unusual and viewed the action as a deliberate show of force.






Most Commented