Translation result

Seoul Mayor Oh Se‑hoon on March 14 urged city officials to do everything necessary to manage the fire scene in Sogong‑dong, Jung‑gu, and to provide prompt support to victims. The city has established temporary evacuation centers and arranged emergency housing.
On March 15, Seoul said Mayor Oh ordered officials to secure the site thoroughly and concentrate all efforts on providing required support—such as temporary housing and hospital transfers—so that victims, including foreign tourists, do not endure additional hardship. The city deployed 295 firefighters and 48 units of equipment to extinguish the blaze and is conducting safety inspections inside the building while carrying out on‑site recovery operations.
According to fire authorities, a blaze of unknown origin broke out around 6:10 p.m. the previous evening on the third floor of a guesthouse in Sogong‑dong. The fire department raised a Level‑1 response and carried out suppression operations. Two people suffered smoke inhalation and were transported to a hospital.
To protect victims, including foreign tourists who had been staying in the building, Seoul opened a temporary evacuation center at the Sogong‑dong community center and arranged temporary housing at nearby hotels. The city secured 17 rooms for temporary housing: 10 at Bayton Hotel, 5 at Solavo Hotel, and 2 at Crown Park Hotel.
Seoul said it will assist with rapid transport of the injured to hospitals and will assess conditions on site to respond immediately if additional medical care or relief is required.






Most Commented