Translation result

[Herald Economy = Reporter Jung Yoon-hee] Hyundai Motor Co. confirmed a safety issue with its full-size SUV, the All-New Palisade, and has temporarily halted sales of certain configurations.
On March 14, Hyundai said the Palisade’s power-folding second- and third-row seats may, under certain conditions, fail to detect contact with occupants or objects. The company has temporarily suspended sales of models equipped with that feature.
Reuters reported that on March 7 in Ohio, a 2-year-old girl died in an accident involving a Palisade power seat.
Hyundai plans to resume sales after enhancing the Palisade’s anti-pinch safeguards. Measures include raising the sensitivity for detecting occupants and objects and restricting the power-seat folding function when the liftgate is open, along with other system upgrades to improve overall safety.
The company said it will implement a voluntary remedy (recall) for vehicles already sold and intends to notify South Korea’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport and the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) next week.
Hyundai is still finalizing the recall scope; it will cover vehicles produced through March 11 of this year. The company estimates about 57,474 units in South Korea and 74,965 units in North America will be affected.
Last year, the All-New Palisade saw roughly 100,000 units exported worldwide, and Hyundai sold 59,506 units domestically.
Hyundai apologized for the inconvenience to customers and said it will place customer safety first, thoroughly review all related issues, and work to restore customer trust and satisfaction.






Most Commented