![Hyundai Palisade [Photo: Hyundai]](https://contents-cdn.viewus.co.kr/image/2026/03/CP-2023-0070/image-ef8a580c-b3c7-4337-9e5a-7682444ab727.jpeg)
Hyundai has identified a safety defect in its large SUV, the All-New Palisade, and has temporarily halted sales of certain configurations. For vehicles already sold, the company plans a voluntary recall and will notify the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport and the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) next week.
On March 14, Hyundai said the folding mechanism for the Palisade’s second- and third-row power seats may, under certain conditions, fail to detect contact with occupants or objects. As a result, it has temporarily suspended sales of models equipped with the affected feature.
Reuters reported that on March 7 in Ohio, a 2-year-old girl died in an incident involving a Palisade power seat.
Hyundai said it will restore and enhance the Palisade’s anti-pinch protections before resuming sales.
The company said it will increase the sensitivity of the occupant and object detection system and restrict the power-seat folding function when a rear door is open, strengthening overall system safety.
The precise scope of the recall is still being finalized; it will cover vehicles produced through March 11 of this year. Hyundai estimates about 57,474 units in South Korea and 74,965 units in North America will be affected.
The All-New Palisade exported roughly 100,000 units worldwide last year and sold 59,506 units in South Korea.
Hyundai apologized to customers for the inconvenience and said it will continue to put safety first, conduct thorough inspections, and take every step to restore customer trust and satisfaction.






Most Commented